The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 5000 Switches with four 10 Gigabit or four 1 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks and 24 Gigabit Ethernet downlinks are a ruggedized rack-mount switch that gives layer line speed aggregation 2 and Layer 3 and Copper Power over Ethernet) connectivity in the harshest industrial environments.
The IE 5000 series uses superior high-bandwidth hardware switching and proven Cisco IOS software. IE 5000 is very secure and scalable for access and aggregation layer implementations. It also provides Cisco stackable technologies for advanced network reliability. The switch is designed to withstand extreme environments while adhering to general IT network design, compliance, and performance requirements. The IE5000 has a built-in software image verification to ensure the authenticity of Cisco software.
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 5000 Switches series are often wont to easily and securely extend the enterprise network to harsh environments with a software-defined access extension for the web of Things (IoT) that enables connectivity in outdoor areas, warehouses, centers, distribution, roads, etc., using powerful enterprise-grade intent-based network management platforms such as Cisco DNA Center.
The IE 5000 series is ideal for industrial Ethernet applications where ruggedized products are required. This includes utilities, manufacturing, energy and process control industries, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), oil and gas field sites, city surveillance programs, and mining. With improved overall performance, higher bandwidth with available 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, a richer feature set, and improved hardware, the Cisco IE 5000 Series Switches complement today’s Industrial Ethernet product portfolio. This portfolio includes Cisco Industrial Ethernet switches, like the Cisco IE 2000, IE 3200, IE 3300, IE 3400, IE 4000, and IE 4010 Series switches, also as utility-focused products, like the Cisco IE 2000U Industrial Ethernet switches and Cisco 2500 Series connected network.
Through an easy-to-use web device manager, the IE 5000 provides easy-to-use configuration and simplified operational manageability to deliver advanced voice, video, data, and security services over industrial networks.
Features and Benefits
Robust industrial design:
- Built for harsh environments and temperature range (-40 ° to 75 ° C).
- Each IE-5000-12S12P-10G has a conformal liner.
- Hardened for immunity to vibrations, shock, surges and electrical noise
- Four 10 Gigabit or four 1 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports provide multiple rugged design options
- Meets multi-industry specifications for industrial automation, ITS, and electrical substation environments.
- Improves uptime, performance, and security of industrial systems and equipment.
- Compact 1-rack unit design with dual LED function allows easy monitoring and troubleshooting even when reverse mounting based on cabling requirements.
- Fanless, convection cooled with no moving parts for durability.
- IEEE 1588v2 PTP (both the power profile and the default profile are supported).
- Alarm I / O for monitoring and signaling to external equipment.
Easy to use GUI device manager:
- Allows easy configuration and monitoring with a web-based Device Manager.
- Eliminates the necessity for more complex emulation programs.
- Reduces the cost of implementation.
- Multiple language support: English, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Spanish (LATAM)
SwapDrive: “zero configuration” override:
- True zero-configuration replacement for easy failure recovery in the middle of the night or in the middle of nowhere.
- Simple replacement of the switch in case of failure.
- No networking experience required.
- Helps ensure speedy recovery.
High-density industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE):
- Control costs by limiting wiring, distribution panels, and circuit breakers.
- Reduces equipment requirements, requiring less space and reducing heat dissipation.
- Allows ready-to-use PoE devices such as IP phones, cameras, and wireless access points.
- Supports maximum implementations of high definition (HD) cameras.
- Power budget up to 165 W for PoE or PoE + with one power supply and up to 360 W with two power supplies.